Financial help can be available to support your child’s education. This can be for school meals, music lessons, school journeys & day trips and support for Sixth Form students. Please follow the link below or contact the finance office on 01462 622300 (ext 212).
Free School Meals
Your child could get a free school meal if you receive any of the following:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseekers Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (as long as you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and you don’t get more than £16,190 a year)
- Working Tax Credit run-on (paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit)
- Universal Credit (with annual earned income of no more than £7,400 after tax and not including any benefits you get).
Apply today if you receive any of these benefits. It takes 5 mins and in most cases we can tell you straightaway if your child can get free meals at school.
Or call 0300 123 4048 if you live in Hertfordshire, or call 0300 300 8306 if you live in Bedfordshire.
When you call to apply for free school meals, please have the following information ready:
- National Insurance numbers and dates of birth for you and your partner
- Dates of birth for your children
- If you receive support from the National Asylum Support Service, your NASS number
Please be assured that the process of purchasing a Free School Meal is completely confidential. Credit will be allocated to a student’s Smart card to purchase a meal of the day in the same way as non-Free School Meal students.
Support for the purchase of school uniforms can be obtained at by completing the form below and returning it to:
Clerk to the Hitchin Educational Foundation,
Chaplin Frobisher Welling Ltd.,
33 Birch Close,
If you have any queries, please contact the Finance Department.
Financial support is available for curriculum focussed school journeys. Up to 50% is available for journeys above £10 and for overseas visits, one visit during your child’s time at the school. To be eligible you need to write to the headteacher, Mr G. Edwards.