Teacher of Art
Pay Scale: MPS1 – UPS3 Depending on Experience
Responsible to: Head of Department
Start Date: 4th September 2017
The postholder will be responsible to the Headteacher and will demonstrate a genuine commitment to our Equality Policy and to the wellbeing of all students. This job description will be reviewed annually and will form the basis of the Performance Appraisal Review procedure. Any issues relating to the review of this job description should be brought to the Headteacher’s notice by the postholder. The postholder will undertake the following specific responsibilities in order to fulfill our statutory requirements, school aims, policies and targets:
- To teach designated classes in accordance with the published timetable
- To be a Form Tutor or attached to identified groups of students
- To ensure that all students succeed and fulfill their potential
Key Processes & Responsibilities
- Plan and deliver for effective teaching and learning
- Regular assessment of work to monitor and report student progress in accordance with school policy
- Setting regular homework in accordance with school policy
- Communicate with key stakeholders to support student progress
- Involvement in subject extra-curricular programme and contributing to the wider aspects of school life
- Promoting the School
- Celebrating success and recognizing achievement
- Continuing to develop and improve professionally through regular training and development
This job description sets out the duties of the post at the time it was drawn up. The Headteacher may vary the duties from time to time without changing their general character or the level of responsibility entailed.
- The Statutory Requirements contained in the current version of the School Teachers’ Pay and Conditions document
- The Teachers’ Standards
- The Priory School Professional skills level descriptors (career stage expectations)
- The Priory Professional Code of Conduct
The law requires this position to have an enhanced criminal background check. This is to protect children and vulnerable adults and to safeguard positions of trust. The position is therefore exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act. If your application is taken further you will be asked to declare details of any criminal record, even convictions that are ‘spent’ according to the act. If you are offered the post this information will be checked against Criminal Records Bureau files. You will be provided with full information at each stage.
Closing date for applications is Monday 27th February 3:30 PM. Interview date 6th March 2017.