Teacher of Maths
Pay Scale: MPS1 – UPS3 Depending on Experience
TLR: TLR2b (£4,545)
Recruitment & Retention: Up to £3000
Responsible to: Head of Department
Start Date: 4th September 2017
The postholder will be responsible to the Headteacher and will demonstrate a genuine commitment to our Equality Policy and to the wellbeing of all students. This job description will be reviewed annually and will form the basis of the Performance Appraisal Review procedure. Any issues relating to the review of this job description should be brought to the Headteacher’s notice by the postholder. The postholder will undertake the following specific responsibilities in order to fulfill our statutory requirements, school aims, policies and targets:
To support Head of Department
- To raise standards of achievement in the department
- To lead a team of teachers to provide the best possible learning experience for our students
- To ensure the effective co-ordination of all aspects of the subjects
- To teach designated classes according to the requirements of the school timetable
- To ensure that the school aims are put into practice and lead the drive for continuous improvement
- To contribute to the effective leadership of the school
- To contribute to the wider teams within the school
- To ensure that the school is a disciplined, well-ordered place for purposeful learning to take place
- To support the Head of Department to ensure the effective co-ordination of the subject and to deputise for the Head of Department in their absence where necessary.
Key Processes & Responsibilities
- Continuous drive for the improvement of all aspects of the school
- Lead by example in teaching and learning
- Strategic planning
- Standards monitoring, performance tracking and interventions
- Personnel leadership management
- Effective deployment of resources
- Promotion of the school
- Celebrating success
- Implementation of all school policies.
The law requires this position to have an enhanced criminal background check. This is to protect children and vulnerable adults and to safeguard positions of trust. The position is therefore exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act. If your application is taken further you will be asked to declare details of any criminal record, even convictions that are ‘spent’ according to the act. If you are offered the post this information will be checked against Criminal Records Bureau files. You will be provided with full information at each stage.
Closing date for applications is Monday 27th February 3:30 PM. Interview date 6th March 2017.