Dear Parent / Carer
We have been informed of a confirmed case of COVID-19 within the school. In line with established protocols I have notified the Local Authority and have liaised with the IPC (Infection Prevention and Control) team.
I had a detailed conversation with a member of the IPC team which covered the following:
- The school’s COVID-19 risk management strategies;
- The track and trace document submitted by the person who has been confirmed COVID-19 positive;
- The follow-up scrutiny undertaken by SLT to double check the movements and contacts of the
confirmed case; and
- A risk management review to conclude what actions the school should take.
Those students and members of staff who have been in direct prolonged contact with the confirmed case have been contacted by the school. In line with the national guidance, they will be self-isolating for 14 days since their last contact with the confirmed case.
Any student asked to self-isolate due to prolonged contact but does not have symptoms must:
- not leave their home for 14 days;
- not visit family, friends or attend any activities or parties, even if these are outdoors;
- not have guests over;
- not go out to exercise unless in their own garden;
- not get a COVID-19 test unless symptoms present themselves.
Other members of the household will not be expected to self-isolate. If the student develops symptoms while
self-isolating at home, the entire household must self-isolate immediately and should book a test for those with symptoms.
The identity of the confirmed case is confidential but I can confirm it was a student. I appreciate that there may well be some anxiety around having a confirmed positive case. I would like to reassure you that we have been rigorous in our actions. Please do not contact the school for more details about the case.