£19,312 per annum; full time; permanent
The Priory School is seeking to appoint an IT Technician to join the school’s Network Management Team.
The person will be part of the Network Management Team and work across the school and at partner schools. You must be able to install and maintain hardware and software, support staff and students with the use of IT, and perform any additional duties identified by the Network Manager.
Knowledge of Microsoft products and network hardware is desirable, but continuous training will be provided. Work experience in the education sector is also desirable but not essential.
Good general education, with relevant professional education in IT. A willingness to undertake further training is essential.
Skills and Abilities
- Good interpersonal skills
- A willingness to adopt a problem-solving approach to fix errors in both software and hardware devices.
- A track record of self-improvement in IT skills.
- An ability to manage time well and to manage in a proactive manner.
- Data backups and recovery
- Maintain IT equipment: e.g. Chromebooks, computers, laptops, tablets, interactive whiteboards and touchscreen displays, projectors, printers, network and wireless equipment.
- Undertake IT projects/installations during the school holidays
- Support core and specialist applications
- Hardware audits
- Support and maintain cloud based systems (for example Google Apps for Education)
- Assist staff, students and visitors with the use of wireless technologies
- Maintenance and provision of IT equipment and software for examinations
If you are interested in applying, please request an application form by email to Emma.Sangster@priory.herts.sch.uk. Closing date for applications: 27th Sep 2021 5:00 PM.