Job role: Science Teacher (MPS1 to UPS3 range)
Opportunities for additional responsibilities are either:
TLR responsibility: Head of Year (additional £7,368); or
Lead practitioner: Data & Assessment (LP range £50,005 to £54,709)
Start date: September 2023
Recruitment & Retention allowance: £3,000 available
The Priory School is a thriving learning community that seeks to appoint an outstanding teacher of Science. We are looking for an innovative teacher who will inspire, motivate and bring a passion for their subject to the classroom. In addition, there is the opportunity for applicants to apply for one of two roles we are seeking to make appointments for: Head of Year and a Lead Practitioner for Data & Assessment.
The successful candidate will:
- have an expert knowledge of the process of learning and effective pedagogy;
- be well-informed in (and possibly contribute to) current educational research;
- be an innovative and creative thinker;
- be solutions focussed in their approach to challenges;
- understand how to affect change;
- demonstrate excellent communication, interpersonal and leadership skills;
- show enthusiasm, common sense and good humour;
- embody the school’s values of Responsibility, Respect and Resilience;
- have the desire to progress further in their career; and
- have the ability to make a difference to staff and students.
We will provide you with the right balance of support, challenge and stimulation for both job satisfaction and career development.
The Priory School:
- is oversubscribed;
- has happy, disciplined students who are eager to achieve their best;
- has a well-qualified, hard-working and committed staff who enjoy working at the school;
- has students who all have a Chromebook;
- promotes learning outside the classroom though our TPS Awards and DofE programme;
- has a Specialist Resource Provision hub for students with SLCN and ASD;
- is committed to innovation and excellence;
- actively promotes staff wellbeing;
- works in a well-established and successful sixth form consortium;
- retained Ofsted Good in October 2022;
- is undergoing a £6 million facilities upgrade; and
- is situated on a modern, attractive greenbelt campus in Hitchin with excellent transport links to London, Cambridge and beyond.
If you would like to discuss the roles advertised with the Headteacher or arrange to visit the school, please contact Emma Sangster on 01462 622300.
Applications should be submitted electronically to Emma Sangster at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date for applications: Friday 24th March
Interviews: Week beginning Monday 27th March
The Priory School is fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS disclosure will be sought for the successful candidate in accordance with Safeguarding Children and Safer Recruitment in Education legislation.
Job Description & Person Specification – Teacher of Science
Person Specification – Head of Year
Job Description – Head of Year
Person Specification – LP Data & Assessment (March 2023)
Job Description – LP Data & Assessment (March 2023)