Welcome to the Priory School Sixth Form
Post 16 students develop further their understanding of Respect, Resilience and Responsibility through both their curriculum lessons and during non-taught sessions. We aim to give you the opportunities to develop the knowledge, skills and confidence to achieve your goals and make the next step on your educational journey.
Our vision is to develop a thriving and growing Sixth Form where you will be educated in a fully supportive and dynamic environment. We aim to include all of you in all aspects of Sixth Form life, in an atmosphere in which is mutual respect and education is highly valued. You would not only play a full part in your education but also in the wider aspects of education, by playing a full role in the school. You would aspire to do your best and reach your potential at whatever level.
- To provide you with the opportunity to improve your levels of academic and/or vocational attainment
- To develop your sense of responsibility and to encourage you to contribute to the school community in as many ways as possible
- To give you opportunities to take part in a wide variety of activities, e.g. music, drama, sport, mentoring, paired reading, Student Leadership Committee
- To provide a platform from which you can progress on the world of work or Higher Education.
- To give you the opportunity to develop the knowledge, skills and confidence to set yourselves demanding targets and the determination to achieve them.
If you are taking any AS, A2 or EPQ qualifications you must read this document from the exam boards.
If you are studying any AS or A level or EPQ you must read the attached notice from the exam boards regarding social media. This document has been written to help you. Please read it carefully.
Key Dates Sixth Form 2020-2021
- 23rd September: Year 12 ‘welcome to Year 12’ parents information event
- 15th October: Initial Appraisals sent home, the ‘health check’.
- 20th October: Post 16 Consortium pathways event (virtual)
- 5th November: Year 13 Consultation Eve (subject) (virtual)
- 9th-19th November: Year 13 internal assessments
- 13th November: Year 11 closing date for Internal applicants for Sixth form 2021
- 10th December: Year 12 Progress Check 1 sent home
- 10th December: Year 13 Progress check 4 sent home
- 23rd February: Year 12 Parent consultation evening (Subject)
- March: Year 12 UCAS convention (TBC)
- March: Year 12 Oxbridge convention (TBC)
- 18th March: Year 12 Progress Check 2 sent home
- 18tth-28th April: Year 12 Internal exams (TBC)
- 20th May: Year 12 Progress Check 3 and Internal exam results sent home
- 28th-30th June: Year 11 Induction & Taster Sessions
- June: Year 12 Post 18 Options Day (TBC)
- 8th July: Year 12 Progress check 4
- 13th July: Year 12 work experience (1 week)
- TBC Year 13 Study Leave Start