Welcome to the Priory School Sixth Form
We aim to give you the opportunities to develop the knowledge, skills and confidence to achieve your goals and make the next step on your educational journey.
Our vision is to develop a thriving and growing Sixth Form where you will be educated in a fully supportive and dynamic environment. We aim to include all of you in all aspects of Sixth Form life, in an atmosphere in which is mutual respect and education is highly valued. You would not only play a full part in your education but also in the wider aspects of education, by playing a full role in the school. You would aspire to do your best and reach your potential at whatever level.
- To provide you with the opportunity to improve your levels of academic and/or vocational attainment
- To develop your sense of responsibility and to encourage you to contribute to the school community in as many ways as possible
- To give you opportunities to take part in a wide variety of activities, e.g. music, drama, sport, mentoring, paired reading, Student Leadership Committee
- To provide a platform from which you can progress on the world of work or Higher Education.
- To give you the opportunity to develop the knowledge, skills and confidence to set yourselves demanding targets and the determination to achieve them.
If you are taking any AS, A2 or EPQ qualifications you must read this document from the exam boards.
If you are studying any AS or A level or EPQ you must read the attached notice from the exam boards regarding social media. This document has been written to help you. Please read it carefully.
- Wednesday 5th September 2018: Year 12 only in school
- Thursday 6th September 2018: Year 13 in school and Year 12 transition workshops
- Friday 7th September 2018: Post 16 lessons commence
- Thursday 20th September 2018: Year 12 ‘Welcome to the Sixth Form’ evening
- Thursday 25th October 2018: Year 11 Post 16 Pathways Evening
- Thursday 8th November 2018: Year 13 Parents Evening
- Monday 7th January – Wednesday 16th January 2019: Year 13 internal exams
- Tuesday 5th March 2019: Year 12 Parents Evening
- Friday 7th June 2019: Post 18 Pathways Events
- Monday 10th June to Wednesday 26th June 2019: Year 12 internal exams
- Monday 1st July – Wednesday 3rd July 2019: Induction
- Monday 15th July – Friday 19th July 2019: Year 12 Work Experience