Welcome to the Priory School Sixth Form
We aim to give you the opportunities to develop the knowledge, skills and confidence to achieve your goals and make the next step on your educational journey.
Our vision is to develop a thriving and growing Sixth Form where you will be educated in a fully supportive and dynamic environment. We aim to include all of you in all aspects of Sixth Form life, in an atmosphere in which is mutual respect and education is highly valued. You would not only play a full part in your education but also in the wider aspects of education, by playing a full role in the school. You would aspire to do your best and reach your potential at whatever level.
- To provide you with the opportunity to improve your levels of academic and/or vocational attainment
- To develop your sense of responsibility and to encourage you to contribute to the school community in as many ways as possible
- To give you opportunities to take part in a wide variety of activities, e.g. music, drama, sport, mentoring, paired reading, Student Leadership Committee
- To provide a platform from which you can progress on the world of work or Higher Education.
- To give you the opportunity to develop the knowledge, skills and confidence to set yourselves demanding targets and the determination to achieve them.
If you are taking any AS, A2 or EPQ qualifications you must read this document from the exam boards.
If you are studying any AS or A level or EPQ you must read the attached notice from the exam boards regarding social media. This document has been written to help you. Please read it carefully.
Hitchin 14-19 Consortium Open Evenings
The Priory School – Tuesday 18th October 7pm
Hitchin Boys School – Wednesday 19th October 7pm
Hitchin Girls School – Thursday 20th October 6.30pm
The Hitchin secondary schools have worked for many years as part of a Post-16 Consortium and currently enable nearly 650 students to have access to a wide range of A level and vocational courses.
The enrolment process for September 2017 commences with each school hosting their post-16 option evening event. These events will run on three consecutive nights from 18th – 20th October 2016. If you are considering post-16 education for 2017, you are warmly invited to attend.
Minimum entry requirements is 5 A*-C at GCSE or equivalent, including English and Maths at Grade 4 or above.
6th Form Induction Days (4th & 5th July 2016)
If you’re unable to attend these two days but are still intending to attend Sixth Form in September please log onto Home Access Plus+ (W:\6th Form\Bridging Work 2016) and complete the bridging work for the subjects you’re intending to study. This work needs to be completed before you return in September.