Welcome to the Priory School Sixth Form
Post 16 students develop further their understanding of Respect, Resilience and Responsibility through both their curriculum lessons and during non-taught sessions. We aim to give you the opportunities to develop the knowledge, skills and confidence to achieve your goals and make the next step on your educational journey.
Our vision is to develop a thriving and growing Sixth Form where you will be educated in a fully supportive and dynamic environment. We aim to include all of you in all aspects of Sixth Form life, in an atmosphere in which is mutual respect and education is highly valued. You would not only play a full part in your education but also in the wider aspects of education, by playing a full role in the school. You would aspire to do your best and reach your potential at whatever level.
- To provide you with the opportunity to improve your levels of academic and/or vocational attainment
- To develop your sense of responsibility and to encourage you to contribute to the school community in as many ways as possible
- To give you opportunities to take part in a wide variety of activities, e.g. music, drama, sport, mentoring, paired reading, Student Leadership Committee
- To provide a platform from which you can progress on the world of work or Higher Education.
- To give you the opportunity to develop the knowledge, skills and confidence to set yourselves demanding targets and the determination to achieve them.
If you are taking any AS, A2 or EPQ qualifications you must read this document from the exam boards.
If you are studying any AS or A level or EPQ you must read the attached notice from the exam boards regarding social media. This document has been written to help you. Please read it carefully.
- 5th September 2019: Bridging the Gap transition workshop
- 24th September 2019: Learn to Live (Year 12)
- 14th October 2019: Initial Appraisals sent home, the ‘health check’
- 24th October 2019: Post 16 Pathways Evening
- 24th October 2019: Sixth Form Open Evening at 6.30pm. Please register at Reception on arrival. Talks at 6.30pm and 7.15pm – if you would like to attend please contact Lynne Luckman (01462 622300; firstname.lastname@example.org)
- 7th November 2019: Year 13 Consultation Evening (subject)
- 8th November 2019: Y13 Resilience/Champion Mindset workshop
- 13th December 2019: Year 12 Progress Check 1
- 13th December 2019: Year 13 Progress Check 5
- 6th-15th January 2020: Y13 Study Leave & Mock Exams
- 31st January 2020: Year 13 Mock Exam Results
- 25th February 2020: Year 12 Parents Evening (subject)
- 27th February 2020: Year 12 Motivation Workshop
- 12th March 2020: Year 12 UCAS Convention Brunel University
- 27th March 2020: Year 12 Progress Check 2
- 27th March 2020: Year 13 Progress Check 6
- 15th May 2020: Year 13 Study Leave Start
- 5th June 2020: Year 12 Post 18 Options Day
- 10th to 24th June 2020: Year 12 Study Leave & Mock Exams
- 22nd June 2020: Year 12 PPE (mock exams) Begin
- 25th June 2020: Year 12 Lessons Recommence
- 26th June 2020: Year 12 PPEs end
- 8th July 2020: Progress Check 3 and PPE Results
- 13th July 2020: Year 12 Work Experience (1 week)
Links to forms referred to at the Sixth Form Open Evening on 24th October 2019: