Partial closure of the school – Tuesday 29th June

Dear Parents / Carers

Partial closure of the school – Tuesday 29th June

Following on from my letter yesterday, we still find ourselves in the same position regarding staff having to self-isolate. Today I have been putting together an argument to release those staff from self-isolation who have not been in ‘close contact’ with a confirmed case. The local authority have reviewed my argument and are supporting the ‘release request’ to allow self-isolating staff back in school. Although this is good news, only NHS Test & Trace can approve the release and this process has to be carried out individually by each member of staff. This information was only shared with me at the end of the school day and being pragmatic it is highly unlikely that staff will get a quick response from NHS Test & Trace. What I don’t want to do is keep parents, staff and students in limbo by waiting until later this evening to send out a communication.

Therefore I am reluctantly going to extend the partial opening of the school with the aim of opening up fully on Wednesday if the identified staff can be released from their self-isolation.

Tomorrow only Year 7, Year 8 and those in Year 12 doing assessments should be in school. All other students will be undertaking online lessons as per their timetable.

The Year 10 Hunstanton trip due to go out on Wednesday and Thursday has been postponed until further notice.

Thank you for your continued patience and understanding.

Take care,

Geraint Edwards